Thu, Mar 10|
Our Hmong Community: Healthcare, Power, Privilege, and Inequity
Presenter: Pa Der Vang, Ph.D., MSW, LICSW Learn about healthcare, power, privilege, and the Hmong community and actions you can take to promote equity. Everyone is welcome. $10 to register. $5 for members. 1.5 contact hours
Time & Location
Mar 10, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
About the Event
Pa Der Vang, Ph.D., MSW, LICSW
Learn about healthcare, power, privilege, and the Hmong community and actions you can take to promote equity.
Everyone is welcome.
$10 to register. $5 for members.
1.5 contact hours
1. Recognize and plan how one may act to address differences and areas of need within healthcare specific to Hmong clients
2. Identify culturally specific aspects within Hmong culture that influence healthcare decisions
3. Identify the impact of power, privilege, and oppression on the healthcare experience of immigrants and refugees
4. Be able to identify ways one can use one's role and position to empower Hmong clients and others to advocate for themselves within the healthcare setting
5. Make plans to engage in ongoing learning to develop skills to work with different populations
This is your event ticket. You will receive an email with details on how to join the event on Google Meet. Please reach out to us if you have questions. Looking forward to seeing you there!$10.00+$0.25 service fee